AirForce1
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AirForce1

I AM AN AMERICAN AIRMAN. I AM A WARRIOR. I HAVE ANSWERED MY NATION'S CALL. I AM AN AMERICAN AIRMAN. MY MISSION IS TO FLY, FIGHT, AND WIN. I AM FAITHFUL TO A PROUD HERITAGE, A TRADITION OF HONOR, AND A LEGACY OF VALOR. I AM AN AMERICAN AIRMAN

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Battle Basics

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mentor
Admin
Mentor

Battle Basics Empty
PostSubject: Battle Basics   Battle Basics EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 9:57 am

I thought I would note a few things to help everyone out with choosing the right units for the right job. Some of these things are common knowledge some, not so well known. I hope it helps.

1. Defending your base

Standing and fighting is rarely a good idea unless you outnumber your attacker significantly in firepower. One of the reasons is that when defending, attack damage of the defender is halved. This puts you on the back foot from the start.

2. Damage taken

When your units take damage, it is dispersed evenly across all units of the same type. The units with the highest defense will be lost last.

Example: If I send 100 B17's to take out 100 aaL's, I could expect to lose possibly 6 planes. The Damage dealt would be 6900 (Damage from aaL less defense of the B17) However, just by changing the combination, I can reduce losses. If I were to send 49 B17's, 49 B29's, 1 P38 & 1 P47, I would only lose the P38 & the P47. (Assuming all commader bonuses are the same)

3. Use the right units for the right target

If the enemy has 100 aaL's and you have a choice of sending 200 planes or 5000 infantry, send the infantry, spare the planes. It's not like he's going anywhere... Additionally, send units with a longer range than your opponent so you get first strike. Seems simple but I am noticing a lot of people making the same mistake.

4. Commanders

As far as I have been able to tell from battle reports and comparing commanders etc, Each attribute adds the following bonuses:

Strength - Adds bonus to unit's attack damage in battle
Command - Adds bonus to unit's defense/armour in battle
Intelligence - Adds a bonus to HP in each battle and increases exp gained from battle
Charm - Increases speed of troops (reduces time taken to reach target) and improves chances of recruiting a Legendary Commander.

As close as I have been able work out, each point added improves the attribute by 0.3125% so it would take a score of 40 to provide a bonus of 12.5% and a score of 80 adds a bonus of 25%. These bonuses are of course offset by the opposing commander's scores.
Back to top Go down

Battle Basics
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AirForce1 :: Roll Call-
Jump to: